Question

Flame42

What if the original source of debt no longer has record of it?
I. owe mostly medical debt, from a hospital in a city I used to live in before I got my VA medical benefits. I recently reached out to them, and learned they no longer have any record of me due to a new system being put in place. My accounts Are already with collection agencies, though. Would that mean the debts are invalid now, since the original source no longer has record of it?

NO.

Because the hnospital could not collect from you, they sold the debt to the collection agency that now is attempting collection.  The debt is still valild and collectable until after the statute of limitations for collection has expired.  That time varies by state but begins the date the debt first became delinquent.

request the debt collection agency to verify the debt. since the original creditor no longer has records of it. they will have to delete the debt since they can't verify it's actually yours! reserch "Debt verification Letter". I did this and two collections came off my account and my score jumped um 30 points!!