Question

LaLyv

What if the debt collector does not have a record of the debt?
I called a debt collector listed in my collections here & they have no record of the debt listed here.

They suggested I contact the agency it was reported to. How do I find that out? How can I get to the bottom of this & get it removed from my credit history?

Thank you!

Errors are not uncommon on credit reports.  Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports, which you will look over very carefully.  File disputes on all wrong information with the credit bureau that is reporting it.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed item.

Then I suggest you read the articles here so you can better learn about credit, because that is what this site is for.