Question

Stillmig

What if I close a Secured card account with a balance on it ?
I have a secured US Bank card, but I finally received a non secured card from Capitol One, do I close the secured card or keep paying high interest every month till it hits a zero balance ?

Can you pay it off early?  If so, do that and save the interest.  Closing it will hurt your score, but if saving money is more important, then I would close it and take the hit.  Opening the new card will also hurt your score at first, but after 6 months or so it should improve (as long as your utilization is below 30%).