What if foreclosure was out of your control and caused soley on spouse?
there was domestic abuse 4 yrs before husb abandoned me & kids financial abuse was a biggie too home was taken away after I saved it from foreclosure two times he refused to pay the bills I am a disabled homemaker forced to quit my job to stay home & got hurt he took all the assets now I am trying to refinance my car loan in my own name have cosigner & need it in just mine no one to take again from me but the 2 reports they refused to refinance a loan I have been paying myself never missed a payment on time all the time, would the credit agencies take into account the situation I was in. our first home was based on my credit score and work history, the second on my score & him having a city job. can't anyone take into account that for the past 4 years I have been paying all my utilities and rent on time and never missed a payment either? why not let me take over my own loan? me and my kids ended up homeless a few month and we have a tight budget but I fit that loan in and plus the car insurance. have been trying to divorce the man and get alimony hoping more money that ssi I get not enough work credits, so now I have to deal with not only him destroying our family, my soul, I have to deal with totally destroying me financially too? I have been trying to divorce him but he is not cooperating when he wanted it all along, lawyers have my money. now it seems that if I open a credit card, which I don't want to do that financial trap, that my credit score will go up. If I don't use the thing will it still go up? if I finally get my divorce will it go up? I am too old to have to rebuild my life yet again and cannot wait that 10 yrs. took 25 years of marriage to build together what we had. I was on my own at 16 before him and worked my *** off to just have him take it all away in one swipe. I have no idea how to get this small loan for my car in just my name, I want to take full responsibility for it and don't want someone else taking something I need and have been paying for. what can I do? what should I do?