Question

obaker3

What if a person is to be taken off a joint account?
If I get removed from a joint credit card account, how will that affect my credit? I don't even use the account. It serves me no purpose. What penalties will I get for being removed?

If it is a good account, then your scores will drop once you are removed.  If it is a negative account, your scores will improve on you are removed.

The previous comment is true, but you should also know that you will only be able to have yourself removed from the account if you are not the primary card holder, that is, if someone else applied for the card and then add you to the account.