Question

mmarcoverde

what if a hard credit inquiry was added that wasnt me?
I got an email that a credit card was added to my report but I didn't authorize that..what do I do?

Contact the credit reporting bureaus and review your report(s). The email could have been spam or a scam of some sort. If you find incorrect information and it's as serious as a credit card, then you need to report it to the bureaus as fraud. They will take care of it, but you will likely have to freeze your credit for awhile. Freezing is when you put a block on new accounts. You're given a pin in case you need to open an account, but no one else can without the pin.

You can still use your exisiting credit cards while your credit has a freeze on it.