Question

LoriRiker1991

What happens to my credit when I get a divorce?

Most Helpful Response

The only way it will effect your score is if you stop paying your bills.  If you are a AU on your spouses cards or if they are on yours I would end that now.  If you have loans together I would try to be removed or have the other removed so that cant hurt you.  You dont want what someone else is doing to affect your credit.

Oh and my first statement is wrong. If you have accounts with each others cards, by being removed it could change your utilaztion which could have a impact on your score.  So watch for that.