Question

CreditGuy00112233

What happens to my credit report if I pay collections on first contact
I was curious on how, if at all, a collections agency would report a derogatory mark if I paid the debt in full the first time they contacted me. I asked the agency and they said they said they quit reporting after 90 days, but I wasn't sure what that meant.

Most likely be removed if disputed

I would guess that means they don't actively report their paid accounts after 90 days, which likely means if you were to dipute this collection account with the credit bureaus after this time, it would be removed from your reports since the debt would then not be verifiable from the reporting creditor.

Best to not ever let an account get into collections since that is a negative on your credit score. Since the purpose of Credit Karma is to TEACH about credit, I strongly suggest taking the time to read the articles on this site so you can get a good credit education that will benefit you for the rest of your life. Sure helped me!