Question

BhalaDina789

What happens if I dispute the collection after paying it?
There was a collection reported that was on a home security cancellation charge which we never of or were contacted about. I found out about this only through a credit check on experian and called experian saying I am not aware where this is coming from. After getting the info I contacted the CA and said I don't know where this is coming from but I will pay it and I want the account closed . I did not mention " deleted " at that point. After making the payment I called saying I want the account deleted, the manager shouted at me saying according to law they can only delete if it's a fraud and he won't . He hung up on me saying I'm unprofessional. I called again and a rep told me I am supposed to sign a form saying I won't dispute the credit card payment and then call the individual 3 bureaus to apply for deletion. My friends told me don't sign anything on a form. So 2 reps from the CA told me sign the form and apply for deletion with credit bureaus, and the manager of CA told me he will only report paid in full.

I plan on disputing with experian . Is there any negative effects ? Any other advice ?

Just wanted to update I also have the paid in full receipt from CA at this point.

Paid collection isn't ground for deletion... Unless you have "pay for delete" agreement in "writing" with CA.

There is no such thing as "applying for deletion" that I am aware of, sounds like a bunch of B.S.

I would not sign anything that the debt collector requests that you sign.

Disputing it may or may not work, probably not, but it is possible.

Disputing can bring negative effects, if the account has not updated for a while and it is updated rather than removed, the update will make the negative account look fresh to the scoring systems and you will be dinged.