Question

jkrdh55

What happens if I close a credit card that has an annual fee

You joined a year before I did so should have read the articles here to learn how credit works and how to build your score.  I advise doing so right away since the information is valuable and is not taught in any school.  I know because I learned more from this site than anywhere else, including my accounting and business classes.

If this is your only card, your score is going to take a big nose dive at closing this card so you might want to get at least one other before closing this one.  As you will discover while reading the articles, the more availabe credit you have, the better.  Then closing this one with the fee will cause a bit less damage.