Question

yadlapalli

what happen to my credit score if i close my store credit card like JCP credit card
i opened this credit card since 2010. Please advice me can i close this account or not
.If i do so how points it is going to reduce for good credit score

How many other cards do you have?

Credit is credit, whether it's a Visa or a store card like your JCP card. All available credit goes towards your credit to debt ratio. Usually store cards are opened on impulse and have higher interest rates, so even with points they're not good credit choices.

Personally, I would take all of the extranneous cards and freeze them in a block of ice or cut them up and throw them away. This way you'll maintain your total available credit while minimizing the chances of using them too much. The accounts might be closed due to inactivity, but that's a minimal hit compared to racking up debt. I'd continue to use your oldest card and the card with the lowest interest rate, pay your bills on time every month and use less than 20% of the limit.