Question

Ben208

What first to apply for - secured credit cards or auto lease?
I'm trying to get a car lease. The score is low, but still enough to get the lease with high APR. Trying to repair score and get a lease asap.

Should I apply for secured credit cards and wait (what's the average time would be?) for score go up and then apply for the lease?

Btw, can I apply for several credit cards a the same time (same day)? Is there a negative side of doing so?

Or Should I apply for secured credit cards and lease at the same time?

Most Helpful Response

ok first let me say I have not done this before so I'm just giving a opinion.  I would get the lease first so that your score does not go down because of the inq. that will hit your report for the CC.  If you already know who your going to lease with that is good so that they are not hitting your report with a lot of inq. trying to find you the lease.  Then go with the credit cards.  If you can get a least two but not more then 3 cards that will help.  Remember that if you have more then one card only let one card show with a balance between 1-9% of the credit limit and the rest show $0.  Your credit score will go down at first because of all this activity but it will come back soon.