Question

felipeo5

What exactly is "Age of credit history"?
I just checked my credit score for the first time and I have a poor grade on my "Age of credit history". Does this pretty much mean how many years I've had credit cards or any type of credit open? Please help.

Most Helpful Response

You said it, " how many years I've had credit cards or any type of credit open"

total age of your accounts / # of accounts = average age of accounts.

creditkat2011

I have had credit cards and a credit history since I was 18 yrs old.  I am now in my 50's with a "D" in "Age of credit history"    I have had great credit for 10 years with a score above 720 and still have a "D" in that catagory.  Why?    I would think if I had the same cards for years but maintained great scheduled payments and a "A" in that catagory, I would have a good score there too.  No?  How does someone fix the "D" to "A", when I never knew of such a catagory.  Kinda bothers me now...  Any help you can give me?