Question

jeremyotterbox

What else can I do at this point?
I'm trying to bounce back from a score that was in the mid 500's due unpaid credit card and phone bills that had gone to collection agencies.

Over the past year, I've paid off all my debts and signed up for a secured credit card (of $200) which is slowly rebuilding my score (I'm up to 590). I have a good job now and am a lot more responsible. What else can do I to repair my credit at this point? I understand it'll take awhile but I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can.

Would opening another secured card help? And, where do you find ones with higher limits?

Most Helpful Response

If you go to the credit factors portion, It will tell you how you rate. Generally keep your balance low under 10%. Pay on time 100% of the time. Also a variety of accounts is important as well as age of accounts. I would suggest you add an account. and use it minimally and pay off on time. If you have 3 accounts thats 3 on time payments instead of just one.