Question

TWhittington

What effect would co-signing a rental lease have on my credit scores?
One year lease for $1000.00 per month.

Most Helpful Response

The rental lease and the payment will not affect your credit score. What could affect your score is whether the Company runs your credit. I have had some that do and some that don't, but when I rented the house that I am in, the property management did run my credit so I got a hard inquiry on my credit report. The hard inquiry is the only thing that is going to affect your credit, and how much it hurts depends on how many hard inquiries you already have on your report. The hard inquiry will drop off after 2 years so it won't be around for long.

TWhittington

Thank you - your information was very helpful.