Question

40934093

what does it take to get a 850 score/mine is 823
my score is very high in the 820 range

Time and no new account/inquiry... It gets pretty boring once it past 800.

theres no point going to 850 if you alrdy get the best deals =)

I don't know what it would take to get to 850.  Maybe having 12 or more cards?  Making payments, on time, on both a car and a house?  Long average credit history?

On one of my credit card sites which gives me a score, it appears they are scraping the bottom of the barrel to explain why I can't get past 830.  

"Your largest credit limit on open bankcard or revolving accounts is too low".   My highest card ia a $16000 limit with about $1400 on the most recent statement.

You have too many inquiries on your credit report (3, changed cell phone companies, and 2 new cards over the last 2 years)

"The balances on your accounts are too high compared to loan amounts.    Which must be taking into account my car loan which I paid off 3 year early in January.