Question

Bunjjii

What does it mean when the account status says closed-transferred
My student loans account has an open date and a closed date, the status on the acct. Says closed- transferred what does that mean? It still shows on my acct. Am I needing to make any payments on this....

It means that one loan servicer no ionger has the account and transferred it to another of the student loan servicers.  I had that happen several times.  And "YES" you will have to pay since student loans do not have a statute of limitations so will not fall off your credit after a certain period of time. They remain on your report until they are paid in full unless you qualify for one of the few forgiveness programs.