Question

sublime122

What does it mean if my credit card account says 'closed' on credit karma
Hello, Its been about 3 years since i made payments on 4 of my credit cards. I was young and naive and didnt realize the damage i was doing. I now make pretty good money and want to fix my credit back up. The 4 credit card loans that i stopped paying now say on credit karma under status "Closed". What does the closed mean? Does that mean that the original creditor is still waiting for me to contact them with my payment of my debt. My credit card debt isnt really much actually, in total it all amounts to $4,690. I can easily pay all of that but i want to make sure i resolve this the right way and not pay money to fake debt collectors.

My second question is i have one more credit card from capital one that was not paid in 3 years and it has a balance of $410 and credit karma shows it went into collection by portfolio recovery. Im not sure what that means or how to go about paying that balance. The status on this card still says Open.

Any help regarding my two questions is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

You have been on this site for more than three years, which is more than enough time to have read the articles here so you can get a good understanding of how credit works.  I suggest doing so now. You will benefit greatly from gaining that knowledge.