Question

Cshelby19

What does is mean when a collection has been removed without made any payments?
I had a $400 medical bill in collections about a year and now it says it has been removed and I have not payed on it??? Am I being sued

Removed

It may have been a mistake and they removed it to avoid dispute. The other thing it may have been is the date the account was opened may be what caused it to fall off of your credit. The original date of the charge is what they go by, Not the reported date. So if you had the bill but it was not reported to a collection agency or to the credit agency for 4 or 5 years.. Like they decided to report it but a lot of time had already gone by then it would drop off after the expiration for your state which is the date the charge was originated. which is good because if it was 400.00 it would increase your debt and decrease the credit worthyness. So it would have drug the score down. However I do not believe you are being sued :-) you woud have to be served by an agent of the court. Or notified by certified mail.

Michelle6395

Im also having trouble with my collection. i owe a school tuiton and have never made a payment, recently ive seen that my account was removed. My credit score has not been decreasing on the other hand its been increasing. Ive called the collection agency  and they told me that its removed because the collection is going under another agencies name.. any suggestions on what i should do next? Try to pay the collection or not pay attention to it