Question

christinag138

what does ccb/ppc mean? i have it on my credit report and never heard of it

Resolution

Call PayPal at 866 528 3733 and tell them you would like the hard inquiry removed from your credit report.

They will then give you this fax number 443-921-1996 to send the following info:

"PLEASE REMOVE ALL INQUIRIES RELATED TO PAYPAL AND PAYPAL CREDIT FROM MY CREDIT REPORT"

Date of inquiry reported on credit report

Full Name

Phone number

Last 4 of social

Email address

Physical address

DOB

They will then contact Equifax and TransUnion to remove the inquiries. 

GoodKarmaMan

Thank you very much for the perfect outlined answer.  Now my question to you is  do we still need to call Paypal after having all the instructions outlined for us?

zee1949

So then once you call them they do this without incidents?

It is definitely Comenity Capital Bank/PayPal Credit. I just applied for Paypal credit and that is how it shows on Equifax file. Hope this helps.

tazztunes

lwood is correct. It is PayPal Credit. I was making a purchase from a local vendor and this was the easiest way so I applied for credit. It is the only thing I have applied for in a year. 

Ccb/ppc

If this is PayPal credit why does it show oil company on my credit? It's a bunch of bull is what it is!!

IKill4Food

I believe they do not directly supply the line of credit.

pitolsweety85

thats what it says on mine it is a bunch of bull**** hell for a minute i thought my identity was stolen.......... i wonder why it says that

I think it's BillMeLater

I think PPC is PayPalCredit ... why the hell do they do a credit inquiry! 

IKill4Food

I just created a new PayPal account because my old one was compromised.  It does tell you that it offers credit and will create a line of credit for you.  I do not know if this is optional, but I accidently allowed them to put a hard inquiry on my credit report.

PPC is PayPal Credit

I obtained a PayPal Credit account in November of 2014 and have used it for two purchases, both of which I have paid off. Their inquiry into my credit for approving the account was recorded on Equifax. However, I have not seen any monthly reports of my payments, which have all been on-time or early. 

I have used PayPal for over 10 years, and I have been watching them deteriorate in quality and service in the past year or so. Their website is becoming more and more difficult to navigate (a lot of dead ends and running around in circles), and their customer service is becoming worse by the day. It's no wonder eBay is spinning off this unit: It's become an incompetent joke.  

EisernesKreuz

Hello TE1Chicago,

Yes, I agree with you 100%. I have a few problems with the wrong address showing up in my account and they responsd to my problem. Not once have the bothered to reply and call me and discuss.

I too see their website deteriorating in quality and navigation. I wish there was an alternate  and easier way of paying things on ebay and I would dump them immediately.

CCB/PPC

We pay a credit monitoring service 24/7.  I had a hit on my credit.  I was informed that CCB/PPC is a smaller credit reporting service.  I had a hit from Pay Pal Credit.  They got the information from my Experian Report.  Hope this helps.

CCB/PPC

I didn't quite understand the acronym at first. But yes it is Comenity Captial Bank / PayPal Credit. Follow the capital letters. CCP/PPC

Apparentaly they're still denying me for some reason. Been trying to get with them since I turned 18. Those sneaky *******s always crushing my dreams.

Micheal0019

They also cover Newegg.com as i have them also. for newegg credit and if you are in good standing they do perortic checks to stay at your credit limit or the may decrease or decrease you credit limit. Honestly i enjoy my newegg account. as i do have 2,000. 00 and with it was able to build my new computer.

jmendez91767

Enter Your Replyi got denied twice until I fixed my credit, now I have a $3000 account credit with them

ccb/ppc

how to remove ccb/ppc off my equifax credit report i never applied for anything on bbc/ppc so i want to dispute it off my credit report

CCB/PPC

I found it on a google search - It's for PayPal Credit 6-month interest-free credit.

Paypal Credit

It's definitely Paypal credit.  I did not apply for the credit line, but they gave me one anyway and instead of charging one of my credit cards on file with EBay, they charged it to the Paypal credit line I hadn't even asked for!

Now, a hard inquiry shows up on my credit report for something I didn't want or approve.

Paid them off and told them to close the account.  The customer service rep told me over the phone that if I didn't pay the balance off in full by the next billing cycle, they would charge me a late interest rate that amounted to almost 40% of the balance...