Question

BASEBALL75

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN A HOSPITAL WANTS MORE THEN YOU CAN PAY ?
I have cancer I came down with it in 2012. I had no insuranc. lost my job And the state or the county would not help pay my medical. I had IRA in 2012 and had to use it up to live and keep a roof over our head.I have so mush medical that I will never get out of it and can not get help from anyone. I do not want to hear the story to contack the the ones that you owe becacause that does not work. I was making payments to medic west and what i was giving them was not good TO FIT THEM so they turned me over to collections And i was making a payment every month to them and to the collection company on my other outstanding bill with them. UMC HOSPITAL IN LAS VEGAS WANTS SO MUCH IN A LARGE PAYMENT THAT I CAN NOT MAKE THAT THEY WOULD NOT EVEN HELP OR LOWER MY PAYMENT TO HELP. AND NOW THEY HAVE ALL GONE TO COLLECTIONS because I could not pay what they demanded every month wHAT DO YOU DO WHEN THEY DO NOT WANT TO HELP AND JUST TO TURN YOU IN TO COLLECTIONS TO DISTROY YOUR CREDIT?

Most Helpful Response

With such a situation, if the hospital will not aid in payment arrangements or bill reduction, you can file bankruptcy to eliminate just the medical bills.  Consult with a bankruptcy attorney.  Usually the first consult is free.  I knew a man whose first wife had cancer and the bills were astronomical!! Medical bankruptcy helped him, especially since he was a log truck driver and they don't make THAT MUCH money,.