Question

Mykola1973

What do you do after disputing ownership of accounts to Equifax. collections want me to contact them
I disputed accounts to transunion Equifax due to ownership .now these collection agencies are trying to contact me through the mail saying if I don't get a hold of them in 30 days that that will me admitting that the accounts are mine is that true

Most Helpful Response

It is up to the collection agencies to prove the debt is valid, not you. Personally (and this is just me saying it), I'd ignore them - it is likely a tactic on their part.