Question

cmagnus

What do the green arrow icons indicate? (pointing upward or downward)
On the Dashboard page, these show up in the My Accounts section next to the balances for Credit Cards and Auto Loans, as well as in the My Credit Report section next to Credit Card Utilization and Age of Credit History.

Most Helpful Response

i see the same thing next to a secured loan I have there is a green arrow down. also my credit score went down 6 pts and the account is current and is taken out of my checking every month on time. there is a red arrow up on my car loan which i just obtained and the is a PLUS 1 shown next to that account and i havent made a payment yet. so im confused.

GodOfKarma

"tigerbabe140" I figured it out! The arrow pointing up means an increase in the activity and the arrow pointing down means a decrease in the activity. The color of the arrows suggest that green is good going in that direction and red is bad going in that direction.

Example: On my Credit Inquiries (3) (C Grade) is a green arrow pointing down. That means if I have less credit inquiries the better my grade will be. A red arrow would be pointed up, meaning more Inquiries would be bad and the grade will go down.

The arrow upward means something positive happened to your credit in that category and a downward arrow means something negatively impacted your credit.

GodOfKarma

Thank you for the info. But why are they different colored red and green and? And wether they are red or green they point up or down?

veekay9

I have one that's green pointing down next to my car loan, but nothing negative happened with my car loan. Payments are made on time and in full, so I'm still not sure what that could mean.