Question

JenJD

What do I need to do to get a mortgage loan when I filed bankruptcy over a year ago?
My fiance and I are looking to buy rather than rent so we would be on the mortgage together preferably. He has good credit.

It will depend on your credit score, debt to income ratio, and how much money you can front as a down payment, and how many points you can pay. All of this if a mortgage company will even consider your application.

Sorry, but that bankruptcy put all chances of obtaining a mortgage "on hold" until after the bankruptcy is gone from your credit report, which is ten years from the date it was filed.  I do suggest you both read the articles on this site so you can better understand how credit works. I sure benefitted from this information!