What do I need to do to determine if my credit score improving (and how fast) - or deteriorating?
Today I signed up with Credit Karma and checked my credit score for the first time in my life. It is currently 601. I've been doing "all the right things" regarding my credit since bankruptcy a couple years ago. I'd like to get a sense of the approximate timetable that might be involved if I try to get a home mortgage. I understand that my score should be at least 620 in order to get a mortgage loan, and at least fairly reasonable terms (although not as good as if my score were 800 or something). How can I tell how fast my score is improving? That is, two months ago was it 550, or 598? A year ago was it 458, or 594? If I can get a sense of how fast it is improving I will have a better idea of how quickly I might get to 620 or even above, that is, how many weeks or months it might take to have my score improve to that level at the rate that it is currently improving (which I don't know what is, but would like to know). Thanks! Steve