Question

Thekidred

What do I have to do to get 750 or better credit score
I only have a score of 686 what must I do

Most Helpful Response

your on your way

To get to 750 you will probably have to increase your available credit and reduce utilization. 

One rule of thumb is to have open credit lines equal to a years income. (revolving and loans) and keep untilization below 1 months income.  Paying your CC's off and not using them also doesn't seem to help your score. Often you can raise your available credit just by asking for limit increases,  try that first before opening new accounts.

Keep a showing balance due and paying it off each month on each card will help too. CC co's like to see you use cards because they hope to make money off you. (I do this by putting a recurring charge like my electric or cable bill on a card and paying it each month, shows utilization and pay no interest)