Question

smrositer

What do I do with an unsolicited inquiry on my credit and card I received in the mail from Sears?
They gave me a $6K limit which is way out of my range considering that I am just now building my score and am in the $300 - $500 limits at this time. I don't know how to proceed.

Please take the time to read the articles here so you can learn all about how credit works because you need that knowledge!  Just because you have a $6000 limit on a card doesn't mean you have to spend it all.  I have been allowed to have over $20K in credit cards and I only use an amount I can afford to pay in full every month.  It's how you manage your funds that counts the most.  If you are going to continually tempted to spend all the credit you have available, then you should not have any credit.

BTW- I'm a retiree on a fixed income with a better score than when I was working.

smrositer

Enter Your ReplyThis card was just indiscriminately sent to me.  How were they able to open it without my knowledge?  I cancelled it, but am afraid I will get more of the same.