Question

Haku1071

What do I do with a judgement?
I have a judgement for non-payment (assuming) of an apartment in the state of CA. Now I live in NV and need to get this resolved so I can rent. What do I do? Who do I contact? What options should I consider (payments, removal...)?

A judgement is filed after a court action to collect a debt at which you were not present.  You can find out who you are supposed to pay by getting copies of all credit reports from annualcreditreport.com.  If you did leave with rent owed, you are going to have to get it paid.  It does not matter what state you live in, that judgement will follow you everywhere until such time as it is "satisfied."

Contact the company that you owe and ask if they will agree to getting the judgment removed from your reports in exchange for you paying them the money that you owe them. It may be a good idea to start searching for a landlord that does not do a credit check.