Question

jfishinlou

What do i do when a company admits a collection was placed in error?
I called the company that sent a paid in full balance to a collection agency. The account was paid in full 06/2010. It showed up in collection 04/2014. The person I spoke with said that should have never happened and he would contact the collection agency they work with to have it removed. The person was shocked that the error happened. Will this collection get removed from my credit report and noted as a mistake or do I need to take other steps?

It should completely disappear.

If after 60 days or so it doesn't then write a "Validation Letter" and mail to one of the credit reporting agencies. 

Good luck.