Question

pkdsurvivor04

What do I do now that I've hit almost every Auto Finance road block?
In the past month, I've been trying to get a car. My boyfriend is home on medical leave, but will be returning to work soon. I need a car for transportation to medical treatments mainly. I'm also tired of fighting my parents for use of one of their cars for literally 3 hours, 3 times per week. It's after work hours too!

In December, I went to Edison Nissan. I was "approved" through Santander for $413/mo on a 2016 Nissan Sentra. I turned it down because it was way too expensive for me. I tried a couple of local dealerships between last night and today and they all told me that a cosigner would be best. I don't have one, not willingly. Also, Manfredi Chevrolet and Island Toyota told me they need a minimum of $1,500 and $1,800 for income. Island Honda said they'd try and work something out, but I won't hear until Monday. I had heard on someone else's question that Toyota and Honda would be the best two in a low credit score situation.

I have a fixed income and it only makes under $10k/year. My credit score is also poor, thanks to my former relationship (in the process of divorce). Because he didn't hold up his end of the deal since day one, my last car was repossessed two years ago this month.

My main issue is now that I've hit pretty much every road block to getting another car, what do I do now?? Where do I go for help??

Why do you need a new car? Purchasing a pre-owned vehicle with low mileage is a much better option considering your credit and income. 

A used vehicle is an excellent choice.  That is what I have been driving most of my life, and they have served me very well.  And I am a disabled veteran who has been living on a fixed income for more than 30 years.