Question

Xaviorbat

What do I do if there is a false claim
There is an AMEX charge on my credit score over over 6k, from 1994. I was 14 at the time, so there is absolutely no way I had a credit card in my name for 6000+ dollars. How do I correct this?

Most Helpful Response

How to file a dispute

Here's a post on the CK blog that explains how to dispute errors:

http://www.creditkarma.com/article/dispute-credit-report-errors

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I managed to find it yesterday actually, and transunion has it off this morning, so I'm pleased.

Unpaid check claims

I am getting letters from a "collection agency" about bounced checks that I know I never wrote. I am 100% sure it is a fraud or a mistake. I would like to use credit karma to see if these claims in the mail are legitimate. Will these kinds of things appear on credit karma, or do i need to see a more detailed report? 

koala11

oops. posted this here by mistake. Sorry!