Question

Balrog85

What do I do if the recommendations that I receive from Credit Karma are backfiring?
I filled out an application for car refinance that was on my recommendations on my Credit Karma ccount and I got declined, now I have an additional negative inquiry reflecting on my credit report. I am really trying to improve my creditwhile staying above the water.

Unfortunately, the "recommendations" Credit Karma makes are just advertisements, don't take them.  My favorite website for all things credit related is www.credit.about.com.  Totally free an you don't have to sign up for anything.  Go there and you'll get specific simple information about how to build good credit and repair bad credit.  Best of luck!