Question

Cdive

What do I do if my mortgage was sold and my former lender still shows up as a debt?

Most Helpful Response

It probably will for about 30 days. It should then show closed accounts and the new servicer will show the open account. Remember that CK takes a snapshot of your TransUnion account only weekly, and that the lender and loan servicing companies only report monthly. CK will update within 10 days of TransUnion receiving the update from the servicers.

The question is, are they BOTH showing? If after 30-45 days they both show I would contact the old company and ask when they will be reporting the account closed.

Cdive

For anyone else that may have this problem, I contacted both my new and old mortgage company. They each told me to contact the other one, but finally I was told to dispute it on Transunion who will notify me in 30 days if it will disappear from my report.

The old company is gone and it has been since January. The mortgages were bought by several companies. I'll contact my new servicer and see if they can help. Thanks.