Question

candyboxes

What do I do if I think someone is trying to use my social security number?

First off, you should have your Social Security card locked in a safe place where you can get it for any of the rare times you actually need to show it. Make it a habit to check all three credit reports once a year and file disputes on anything that is definitely wrong or is questionable. I advise reading the articles on this site so you can see how credit works since providing this information is the purpose of this site.