Question

Annoyed19

What do I do if I am not an account owner of a reported delinquent closed account?
A credit card company has reported that I am delinquent on an account that I am not an account owner on. The account in question, closed by the credit card company a couple of years ago, was an account owned by my husband before we were married. He added me on as a user, but never an owner, on the account afterwards. He recently declared bankruptcy, of which I am not party to. The credit card company has now come after me for my husband's debt. Despite repeated letters to them requesting documentation showing proof that I am an owner on the account, they've failed to do so. What do I have to do to remove this off my credit report?