Question

Wisnerbrandon

what do i do about my collections?
I have worked hard trying to raise my credit score. My score as increased a lot, but cant really go any higher because i have 4 collections on my account from 2009 from medical bills i thought were going to be handled by insurance until it was too late.Anyway, do I try to settle or just wait for them to fall off of my credit report because they are so old? and if i do try and fail, does the 7 years start over from when i contacted them most recently?

7 years (and 180 days actually) counts from the last time you made payment. The question is what is the Statue of Limitations in your state for the debt (not the ame as the statue of limitations on reporting the debt). IF it has passed then they cannot collect from you so the question then becomes -- are you going to need credit before the statue of limitations on reporting expires or not.