Question

Sunny730

What debt do I pay first? detailed situation. Advice??
I am a 28yr old with abt 9 years worth of credit. 597 credit score. Heres the list
Credit cards:
24% interest $1700
15% interest $700 in collections
$2500 in collections from an co leased apartment that allowed me to break the lease due to unlivable conditions (association at fault) from 2013. It was for the first 2 months of rent, i couldnt even stay ther because of conditions during the 2 months of charge, so they agreed to break the lease. I have not been in contact with the 3rd party agency.

I currently have an auto loan that is for $17,000 and have paid on time for 1 year.
My question is: what do I pay down first to get my credit score up the fastest? I appreciate the advice thank you!

Most Helpful Response

I would pay off the hight interest one first to save money.  To know how fast it would raise your score I would need to know more about the limits on the credit cards.  I would also do something about that collection.

Work to get the collections removed first, that is what is damaging your scores the most. Do some research on "pay for delete agreements" as you need to get the collections completely removed from your reports and not just marked as paid.