Question

BGKittleson

What date does a charge-off actually "fall off" of my credit report?
I had a credit card that was closed in 12/09. My last payment was 09/12. The creditor charged it off 11/12. Does this fall off my report in 12/16, 09/19 or 11/19?

You need to find out what is the Date Of First Delinquency, as when the accounts fall off is going by that date and not by any other date nor dose it changes. You can obtain that date either call credit bureaus or the original creditor, most the times? It will state the removal date in your credit reports you get directly from credit bureaus... Your situation is bit murky, you continue to pay it almost 3 years after its been closed and then stop paying then charged-off. Normally, the DOFD is when last time you didn't pay that led up to such action, but your account was closed 3 years before its was charged-off.

BGKittleson

The creditor closed the account due to delinquent payments.....I worked out an arrangement / repayment plan, but unfortunately the payments were still more than I could handle, they wouldn't re-negotiate, so then it was charged off.  I will see if I can find the first date of del.