Question

Stupid27dogs2020

What can I do to report a mortgage company for not sending out a bill every month?
My mortgage company haas not been sending me monthly bills showing the amount due for my mortgage. They only send late notices with the threat of foreclosure after the cut off date of the 16th. I have called several times and complained and asked for a bill and they only send me a statement. The statement does not show the amount due, it only shows the payments already made. My mortgage goes up and down depending on my escrow account and taxes due, etc. so I never know the exact amount due. When I mailed in an estimated payment, they would stick the money in unapplied funds and then send me the late notice. I have had to call them every month for the last 8 months. Who can I file a complaint with? These practices of not sending me a bill have caused my score and patience to be severely affected. Like I said I call every month and they assure me they mailed a bill or they tell me they had mail returned. I think this is pretty shady. What can I do?

First thing is to make sure that you didn't inadvertantly sign up for "paperless billing". Then check to see if you have an online account which gives you a balance due every month and make sure that they are not sending you bills via email. If nothing is found there, then I would advise you to contact a consumer law attorney, the consumer finance protection bureau, better business bureau, and attorney general's office in your state.