Question

Joe0404

What can I do to fix a negative entry by a Company that no longer exists?
There is a negative entry by GMAC (that was sold by GM 3 years ago) which is plain false. I had a loan with them that was paid off in 2007, and since they did not like that I took my truck with me on a GM job assignment to Mexico they added insurance costs to the loan (even so the coverage they purchased is not valid in Mexico.) How do I get it off my report. There is nothing else negative on my report.

Hi Joe, 

You should start by getting a copy of your full credit report. Once you have the credit report, there will be instructions (at the end of a TransUnion report) telling you how to dispute errors or inaccuracies. You can dispute via mail or internet. 

Don't use internet to dispute, you give up a lot of your rights.  Only dispute via regular mail.