Question

davidr1993

What can I do to correct the improper reporting of Home Depot Account?
I have paid off the existing balance when I happed to look how my credit scrore has dropped, apparently largely due to that delinquent account. However, I was not receiving email statements from them (they probably went to spam) and I NEVER received a phone call, which I was told when I made that payment today that they call when your 5 days late. I never received a phone call and did not realize I had a balance with them.

Doesn't sound like it was reported wrong. Sounds like you just missed a payment and didn't follow through on checking accounts. I'd consider a goodwill letter to the creditor asking politely for them to remove the late payments, explain your oversight, and let them know what you'll do in the future to prevent it from happening again.