Question

trhrlhlceach

What can I do in this situation?
I have an account that is in collections and has been for quite sometime now. It actually ended up being a garnishment at one point even...According to everything I have read, bad debt is supposed to fall off your credit after 7 years after your first missed payment if you never paid after that, however, this account is from 2009 and still showing on my credit, what can I do ?

You didn't say what kind of account it is.  Alimony, child support, taxes and student loans are accounts that remain until paid. General bank loans and retailk acc[ounts will vanish after 7 years. Read the articles here so you will have a better understanding of how credit works, because that education is the purpose of Credit Karma.