Question

grumpy22yearold

What can I do if lender won't report paid off loan to credit bureau?
Hello,

I will try to keep this as brief as possible.

Background information: 22 years old, Paid off Auto Loan, First credit card - Chase Freedom issued 6/15/2015. I've always paid my loan payments on time, paying loan off ahead of maturity date as well as paying off credit card balances in full and not carrying a balance.

Auto loan of 7,543.93 from Pacific City Bank, started 5-29-2013 with maturity at 11-29-2015, paid off 7-10-2015. Pacific City Bank only reports to Experian.

Dilemma:
Applied for Credit Card and bank pulled hard check on TU, rejected because insufficient history. Called TU and was directed to call lender to report to TU. Talked to lender (pacific city bank) and was told that lender not mandated by law to report to all 3 credit bureaus, told to talk to TU again. TU isn't very helpful, as are the other agencies e.g. credit card bank won't pull from Experian only TU/ Pacific City Bank will ONLY report to Experian, and directs me to FTC to explore options. FTC directs me to another government agency that tells me that they can only assist with general inquiries or file a complaint...

I feel like I'm playing monkey in the middle and getting bounced around from agency to agency, none of which are providing any support. What am I supposed to do? Please advise.

You can check the credit pulls database at creditboards dot com to find a card co that pulls Experian, but otherwise you're probably out of luck in "forcing" Pacific to report to EQ and TU. Chase should report to all three, so keep doing what you're doing there, paying in full but using the card.  Then you can periodically check for a credit line increase with Chase.  I know this isn't ideal, but a secured card would be helpful here in order to build history.  What you're looking for there is a card that "graduates" to an unsecured card.  So I'd be googling "secured cards that graduate."

Good luck!