Question

VaChomo

what can I do about credit bureaus buying and trying to collect debts that are over 20 years old?
I have an auto loan that wa misrepresented and they told me my father was responsible for the loan and they took the truck from me after he died anad refused to work with me in making up late payments. The also got several small cc debts from over the years trying to make me pay them. they are over 20 years old.

Most Helpful Response

Old debts

Check with your stat on the statute of limitations.  Most are 3 years from the last payment.  Write them a later stating so.  Tell them you will take them to small claims court if they continue to harrass you and if the put it on your credit report you will sue them.