Question

lDee63

What can I do about a wage garnishment?
I am just not sure what way to go. If I let the garnishment go threw it will make it hard to keep up with bills. I really hate to claim bankruptcy. I don't want to loose my credit cards. I have been working hard this past year working on bettering my credit score. It is still not where I would like it. How much of a hit will my score take if I do claim bankruptcy? Tried to work with the Co I owe money to. It didn't go anywhere. Just not sure what to do. Can anyone offer some advise? Thanks for helping.

Consult bankruptcy attorney.

A good bankruptcy attorney may be able to stop the wage garnishment and will give sound advice on financial management.  If I were you, I'd not be so worried about the credit cards because losing them is no major crisis. You do need to get your priorities lined up because it almost sounds as if "tried to work with the company I owe money to" meant tryibng to get them to do things YOUR way and that is not going to work. Negotiations often mean making some concessions and minor sacrifices to reach an agreement.

Your credit score is going to take a hard hit for ten years with the bankruptcy, but it will also take a hit with the negative of a garnishment because that is a matter of public record and is a negative on your report. After you consult with a bankruptcy attorney (first consultation is often free) you shoukld have a better idea of how to proceed from here.