Question

mike0121

What can be done about a creditor
I owed a debt from a couple of years ago which I did not realize not very good with caring for my credit, but when I found out I paid it. The credit agency that took payment sent me an email saying the account is “has been satisfied by payment/settlement in full” now this company is not the one who has the notation on my credit report. I called the agency that does “Midland funding” and they told me they will not remove the notation but mark it is paid partial payment. Now the letter I have does not use those words what can be done to have the correct wording used? Or does it really not matter and my credit score will get better or worse with this being reported?

Most Helpful Response

Send a certified letter to Midland Funding with a copy of the letter stating paid in full.  Copy the FTC, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Attorney General for your state.  (You don't have to send the cc letters certified).  Midland Funding is a booger to deal with, so you'll really have to keep at it if you want to get it removed.  Also go online with the three credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) and dispute the account, say the account status is incorrect.  Legally, than can report this as a paid in full collection account with zero balance and zero past due for 7 & 1/2 years from date you paid it off.   Anything else is incorrect and they should correct it according to the FCRA.  Be persistent and good luck!