Question

babythor

What can a potential landlord see on my credit report? Do they pull it or do I give it?
I'm concerned I'll be unable to to rent due to previous bankruptcy in 2009, and Deed in Lieu. There is no foreclosure on the property.
I have concerns with relocating to another state and renting,
I'll not be approved. Suggestions?

You have to give permission for your landlord (or anyone who isn't already a creditor with you) to pull your credit report.  They will see the same things any potential creditor sees.  You need to see your report first so you can be prepared.  Go to www.annualcreditreport.com and pull one of your reports.  Dispute any errors.  A DIL will stay on your report for 5 years from the date you signed it back over, so it's possible it will show up.  Visit www.credit.about.com for more info.  Best of luck!

Thank you for the information. I found it to be helpful.

I just hope my personal letters of reference out weigh any negativity.