Question

billchillo

what auto loan amount could I get with a credit score of 466?

Credit Score 466

1. I'm not sure you could get a loan without a co-signer at 466.  However, if you were to get a loan it would probably be at ROBBERY INTEREST RATES.

You should perhaps think about taking public transportation, etc. until you are at least at a 600 score.  Order zll your credit reports and carefully go over them to determine why your score would be this low (or maybe you already know).  I am sorry that at this time you do not qualify for any loan from any reputable financial institutions.  Make it your goal to increase your score - it will take time - but you will definitiely be in a better place.

I got a used car at 29.99% interest with a credit score of...528 I think it was.  Paid that three year loan off in twelve months flat.  Got a new car at 10.49% with a score of 580ish last year and refinaced to 6.5% about six months later with a score of 630ish.

So...IF you get a loan expect a 30% interest rate.

You have some serious problems with a score that low.  You need to read the articles here, and other sites such as Nerdwallet, to understand credit. Your goal needs to be getting out of debt and improving your credit score. I don't know if you would be accepted for a secured credit card right now.

Do you really need a car, or do you just want one? Want and need are two different things. If you're in debt, many people on this site recommend Dave Ramsey's method for getting out of debt.

You joined this site a year ago and still have that low a score?  What have you been doing?  There is a lot to learn here if you take the time to do so and I highly recommend that.  Otherwise, you will have lousy credit for the rest of your life,