Question

ToApplyOrNotToApply

What are my chances of getting approved?
I have 723 EQ and 713 TU and I'm wondering if I would get approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I got the Citi double cash card in May with a $2000 cl. I have also been prequalified for the chase freedom unlimited. I have 3 credit cards right now: 2 capital one and 1 Citi so my total cl is $4300 but my average credit age is 8 months. My approval odds on CK are "good". One more thing I have been rejected for the Capital one Venture card in May.

Most Helpful Response

Chase has a useful prequalification tool on their website. Fill out the information requested and don't worry--it's a soft pull so it won't damage your score. If they come back with "Sorry, we couldn't find any offers for you at this time," believe it and don't apply. If they do have suggestions for you, go for it but keep in mind even that isn't foolproof. 

Thanks! I used the prequalification tool and they came back with "Sorry, we couldn't find any offers for you..." so I guess I'll just wait. Isn't it weird though that I received an offer for the Freedom Unlimited and Slate in the mail but it doesn't show up on their website? 

JohnnyRain127

Often times those mail offers are just general marketing, however, if it gives you an set interest rate rather than range of interest rate (if that card have variable interest rates)? It would be a good indication that it's more of targeted offer.