Question

Phamdavid35

What are my Approval odds with Capital One Quicksilver?

Most Helpful Response

Details

I am trying to build credit after having at least 1 derogatory mark on my record under $100 but at this point,

I am currently paying off a used car of around $9000, made good payments already

my lowest score is 588 with Transunion

my highest score is 670 with Experian

I also been making good payments on my verizon contract if that helps.

I am looking to get a credit card to open more accounts to build credit faster. I heard Capital One is really good with that.

boomer0429

I would try with a secure card? Make the payments for 6 months and see what happens!!

JohnnyRain127

Yes, in recent months, CapitalOne has been very friendly towards people with less than good credit ... From what you describing? You might have better chance with their Platinum or QuickSilver "One" ... I would use their pre-approval site, and see what comes up for you, it's pretty solid, along with Citi/Amex/Chase/US Bank, but BoA and Discover are useless and perhaps you can read some of their reviews here under credit card section, some might have been approved with similar profile to your own ......

Do you have any credit cards? Any other baddies besides the one you posted? And how old are them ... I think FICO score models discounting collection that is under 250 (or was 100? Not quite sure).

details

I used their pre approval site and they couldn't find any card offer, so they recommended the quicksilver one, secured, and platinum cards. From what I know, I only have one deragatory mark listed around $90 about a year old. Currently I don't hold any credit cards, only debit card. I also tried the other pre approval sites just like amex, but they give me the same results saying that they couldn't find an offer for me, so they suggested their popular cards which I know i will be declined based on my credit score. 

IntricateAshton

You may not have any pre-qualified offers available from them because you may be opt'd out from Hard credit offers. You would have had to opt out at one point...if you dont remember doing so then you are more than likely NOT opt'd out and this is a mute point. Cap one is fairly relaxed but you dont want to just blindly apply as the HP will cause a few point drop to your score whether approved or not. You could always try the "Shopping Cart Trick" for new credit in which you could use to rebuild your credit. These are approved based on you meeting certain credit criteria.....basically just goole Shopping Cart Trick and follow it to a few new cards. I have been able to get a generous CL with Overstock.com, Buckle, Eddie Bauer, JCrew, Motorola, and a few more. There are also a few major CC that this trick works on. Most of the approvals may be only about $500 so weigh this fact against AAoA before you accept. Hope this helps. :)

OldFrog75

You might consider merchant cards (Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Norstram's, BestBuy, etc).  They are frequently less particular about who they give credit to since their primary objective is to make sales unlike bank cards whose primary objective is to earn interest and the fees they charge merchants for accepting their cards.